Best Portable Washing Machines in Canada
This research is supported by you, our readers, through our independently chosen products, which earn us a commission at no additional cost for you. Learn More
Are you sick of going to the laundromat with sacks of clothes, waiting in line, and flipping through those boring magazines they keep on-site to entertain the customers?
Trust me, I used to hate it too.
But here’s what I’ve found:
Once you get yourself a little helper, laundry stops being such a daunting chore.
That’s why today we’re going to review the best portable washing machines in Canada. These awesome devices will make your life so much easier without sacrificing your space or budget.
A Quick Preview
|Shop Now on Amazon|
|Shop Now on Amazon|
|Shop Now on Amazon|
Our Reviews of the Best Portable Washing Machines in Canada
Best Overall – Editor’s Choice - Panda Portable Washer
I want to start my review of the best portable washing machines in Canada with the Panda. And there are many reasons for that. The Panda combines compact design and high functionality, which makes it one of the best options among portable washers.
As this is an automatic model, the Panda connects to your home power outlet. There’s also 1 water inlet, which you will need to install yourself. The whole process is fast and easy thanks to the quick-connect adapter.
Now, what might pleasantly surprise you is the number of modes the Panda comes with. There are 10 washing programs that even include a heavy-duty wash, a soak function, and an air-dry mode. You can also control the water level for maximum efficiency.
Overall, this is a great example of a high-quality portable washer. The Panda is nicely made and packs a ton of helpful features in a compact, portable exterior.
- quality made;
- versatile, comes with multiple washing modes;
- large capacity, may work for solo users or couples;
- fully automatic for effortless use;
- clothes come out almost dry;
- comes with a child lock feature for safety.
- the controls may seem a bit finicky to some users;
- it may take some time to properly fix the connection to the faucet so that it doesn’t leak.
Best Portable Washer and Dryer Combo - Giantex Twin-Tub Washing Machine
I couldn’t leave my review of the best portable washing machines in Canada without this model by Giantex. This simplistic, user-friendly washer combines a double design and makes laundry easier and faster.
Here’s the deal:
The Giantex comes with 2 separate tubs dedicated to washing and spinning. This allows for versatility since you can start a new washing load while your previous one is still spinning.
This is a rather compact model suitable for smaller living spaces. The spinning load capacity is smaller than the washing one, so you might have to work in batches. This is the price you have to pay for superb portability, and I’m sure you wouldn’t mind since you’ll be able to use your Giantex pretty much anywhere (assuming there is a power outlet and a faucet nearby).
If you are looking for a 2-in-1 bargain, the Giantex would be an ideal option. This compact washer is extremely easy to use and can deal with both washing and drying. To me, that’s a very pleasant bonus!
- can both wash and dry the clothes;
- simple user-friendly controls;
- superb portability;
- great capacity for such a compact design;
- works quietly.
- the spinning capacity is half of the washing one, which means you may need to dry your clothes in 2 batches;
- limited functionality, might not be enough for more demanding users.
Best for Solo Users - Intexca Portable Twin-Tub Washing Machine
Let me just tell you right away: this modest little washer has a big potential. The Intexca comes with an essential set of features, which are enough to deal with your laundry on a daily basis. That’s why I’ve put it on my list of the best portable washing machines in Canada.
Now, since this model is extra compact, it is perfect for smaller living spaces and solo users. With the 7.9-pound capacity, it allows for both washing and drying. This can help you turn your laundry into an effortless task.
There are 3 washing modes, a 15-minute washing timer, and a 5-minute spinning timer. Such functionality is quite surprising for a small washer like this. This model is also very reasonably priced, which makes it a great option for people on a budget.
If you are looking for a miniature, efficient washer, you should definitely consider the Intexca. This little guy can deal with small batches of laundry and makes a perfect option for solo users who don’t want to invest in a bulky washer.
- good value for money;
- compact design for even better portability;
- easy to install and use;
- can wash and dry the clothes;
- works quietly.
- minimal water leakage is possible;
- may have trouble handling heavy stains.
Portable Washers and Differences Between Them
Many factors can matter when you’re looking for a good portable washing machine in Canada. But before picking your “champion”, you should probably get acquainted with the most common types you may find on the market.
After all, it’s easier to make a choice when you know what categories you are choosing from.
Now, portable washers can be divided according to different characteristics. The most common one is the loading type:
- Top-loader. These washers have a more contemporary look, which many users appreciate. Additionally, this type makes it easier to get your laundry out since there’s no need to bend low or even squat next to your washing machine. Additionally, top-loading washers require even less space because they open on the top. You don’t have to keep the space in front of the machine and can use it for some other purposes (to put a laundry basket, for example).
- Front-loader. This is a traditional, old-school type of washer. They have their door in the front and typically can hold more laundry at a time. However, for portable washing machines, this design isn’t very popular, so don’t expect to see many compact washers that open in the front.
Another way to sort the washing machines is by their means of operation. Now, don’t be surprised, but there are two types:
- Manual. Yes, you’ve got it right. These machines don’t require electricity. However, they do need a little help from you. Usually, such washers feature a lever that you need to rotate to get the drum to move and clean your clothes. Many of them don’t even have water hookups, which means you just need to pour some in. Now, as simplistic as they are, manual washing machines are quite effective and efficient. They are usually compact and allow for portability. However, they require some elbow grease and time, which isn’t what users typically look for when shopping for a portable washing machine. Still, this type is a good option for those who absolutely want to save on their new washer (or need a temporary solution).
- Electric. Some of them work on rechargeable batteries, others require a power outlet. Whichever you pick, they are both powerful enough to deal with average laundry loads and stains. Such models are also compact and portable, but they don’t require much effort on your side (maybe just some pre-soaking when needed). Many of these washers feature multiple washing modes for different types of laundry, which makes them quite versatile. However, keep in mind that such washers would cost more.
“While more advanced models can be hooked up to a water faucet, simpler washers require users to manually add and drain water in the process.”
What Makes a Good Portable Washing Machine?
If you want to find a suitable portable washer in Canada, you need to be ready to invest not only your money but also your time.
I’m talking about research.
After all, to make the right choice, you should know what exactly you are looking for.
Don’t worry though: that research won’t take you long. You just need to familiarize yourself with the most important factors that can make a good washer:
- Type. You already know that you can choose among manual and electric, top- and front-loading washers. So, all you have to do is decide which one would be more convenient for you. Keep in mind that manual washers are the cheapest but have limited functionality and require your help to work. As for the top- and front-loading options, this aspect will depend on your personal preferences. Typically, users find top-loaders to be more convenient. At the same time, front-loading models may have a larger capacity.
- Size. While portable washers are usually much smaller than regular washing machines, you should still carefully consider the measurements. You can even measure the space where you plan to keep your new washer to be absolutely certain.
- Functionality and versatility. Now, simpler models would have a limited number of features (with a timer being the most common one). However, there are portable washing machines that allow for 2-5 wash cycles, water usage controls, settings for different types of clothes, water temperature settings, etc. All of this allows for versatility in use and better results. But keep in mind that improved functionality will make your desired washer more expensive.
- Capacity. Now, because portable washers are quite compact themselves, they don’t usually have a large load capacity. If you look at some of the most advanced options, they would hold around 12 pounds of clothes (which is enough for a few pairs of pants or a large batch of delicates, for example). Smaller washers can hold only a few pounds of clothes, which means you’ll have to do your laundry more often.
- Water use system. Automatic washers fill and drain water on their own. However, there are semi-automatic models that would require you to add the water manually. Such washers are much cheaper but can be cumbersome to deal with.
- Tub design. These days, there are many dual-tub models, which require you to put your laundry into the other tub for spinning. This may seem like unnecessary effort but also allows you to wash more clothes at the same time. However, a single-tub washer would do both washing and cleaning, which means less work for you.
- Extra features. If you want some bells and whistles, you can get a washing machine with some helpful extras. They may include caster wheels for portability, a low-noise motor, electronic controls, a see-through lid, etc. But be prepared to splurge a bit if you want those extras.
- Safety. Although this only applies to families with kids, a set of safety features would not be redundant. For instance, some models have an automatic shut-off system when the lid is opened during the cycle. Some washers allow you to lock the controls to prevent your kids from playing with the buttons. This may come in handy when you can’t put your new washer in a place that would be unreachable for young children.
“Portable washing machines are also great for families with small babies. They allow users to separately wash cloth diapers and baby clothes without the need to waste water and electricity by using a full-sized washer.”
Now you know that laundry can be almost effortless. With these space-saving portable washers, you can forget about your local (and oftentimes dreadful) laundromats. And let me just tell you: When reviewing these washing machines, the Panda impressed me the most. It is a highly functional, versatile washer that doesn’t take much space and works quietly. It can deal with different types of clothes effectively and efficiently. To me, that’s more than enough! How about you? Has any of the reviewed models caught your eye, or do you want to keep looking? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Washing Machines Considered
Hours of Research