Best Pressure Washer in Canada
This research is supported by you, our readers, through our independently chosen products, which earn us a commission at no additional cost for you. Learn More
Living in a private house is bliss.
Until you have to clean all your outdoor areas.
Luckily, with a good pressure washer, this task will come at ease.
So, be sure to check my list of the best pressure washers in Canada and choose the model that speaks to your needs!
A Quick Preview
|Check Current Price on Amazon|
|Check Current Price on Amazon|
|Check Current Price on Amazon|
|Check Current Price on Amazon|
|Check Current Price on Amazon|
- two detergent tanks for different cleaning jobs;
- can be used with warm water (40°C max);
- It is less noisy than other pressure washers on this list;
- features a cord holder to store it properly and prevent tears.
So, I will start my list of the best pressure washers in Canada with this model by Sun Joe. This electric pressure washer is capable of most household cleaning chores, such as cleaning porch furniture, wooden fences, or your grill. Plus, it’s pretty compact and easy to maintain. A total win!
The Sun Joe comes with two 0.9L detergent tanks and a set of 5 spray tips that allows the unit to handle all sorts of small cleaning tasks. Cleaning windows? Easy! Removing the old dirt from the patio table? No problem!
Now, the washer is powered by a 14.5-amp motor and can generate up to 2,030 PSI at 1.76 GPM. You can also use relatively warm inlet water (up to 40°C max) to make the cleaning of oily stains and dirt even easier.
The 35-ft (10.6-m) high-pressure hose and the 34-in (86-cm) steel spray wand will help you quickly reach all the corners and crevices of your household. Two large rear wheels contribute to easy transportation to the needed spot and can go on different types of terrains without jamming.
Overall, the Sun Joe probably has the best value for money among the electric pressure washers available on the market today. Being a powerful device, it can handle different cleaning jobs at once and remove dirt from any surface.
- functional, allows you to easily switch between different jobs;
- relatively quiet operation compared to similar models;
- energy-efficient, automatically shuts off;
- easy to control even on high-pressure settings;
- doesn’t take up too much space in storage.
- the spray wand may seem a bit short;
- the connection input for the hose seems somewhat cheap.
- 2300 PSI stripping power to deal with stubborn dirt;
- easy-to-adjust detergent dial;
- 5 spray tips for increased versatility in use;
- 2-year warranty for your peace of mind.
Want to find the best pressure washer in Canada that could save you in a tough cleaning situation? Then the Sun Joe SPX3500 might be just the right pick. This model has a powerful motor (2,000 W) and can reach up to 2300 PSI of pressure, which means you can blast away any dirt, mud, and other stubborn stuff fast and effortlessly. I mean, this pressure washer cleaned my driveway in almost mere seconds. And that’s given the fact that the last time I’ve washed it was more than a year ago.
You might also appreciate the versatility the Sun Joe offers. This pressure washer comes with 5 different spray tips to use in various set-ups more conveniently. Plus, the spray tips are super easy to change. There’s a Quick-Connect system that would save you a lot of time when you need to go from one spray size to the other.
- A removable detergent tank makes it easy to swap cleaning products.
- The versatile 20-foot hose can be used to cover large areas without moving the unit.
- Compact design for maneuverability and storage.
Tackle all your cleaning projects with ease using the Karcher K1700 electric power pressure washer. This unit is ideal for both home and commercial use, thanks to its versatile design. With 1700 PSI of pressure, it can handle even the most stubborn dirt and grime. And it comes with a host of attachments to make sure you can tackle any cleaning job, big or small.
The 1.2 GPM flow rate ensures quick and efficient cleaning, while the convenient on/off footswitch makes it easy to use. The included detergent tank lets you add soap/detergents for even tougher cleaning jobs.
Interestingly, the setup is a breeze - no tools required! The high-pressure hose is 20 feet long, so you have plenty of room to work. And for added versatility, the adapter garden hose fitting allows you to connect to your garden hose easily.
So what are you waiting for? Get the Karcher K1700 Electric Power Pressure Washer today and make your cleaning dreams come true!
- Easy to use and comes with all accessories for heavy-duty cleaning;
- An efficient machine that uses 1.2 GPM for deep cleaning;
- Quiet and easy to set up.
- A lot of water pressure is required to make the machine efficient;
- No room for a longer hose on the machine.
- Highly rated unit with excellent balance between weight and mobility.
- Vasertile washer for a variety of cleaning applications.
- Comes with a mobile app to help users get optimal value for their investment.
Here comes another powerful washer anyone can count on. Unlike the unit above, this one packs 2000 PSI of power for blasting away dirt, grime, and grease. This brings about more versatility since it can deal with tougher cleaning challenges.
The K5 is also designed for mobility as it comes with sturdy wheels. This makes it easy to move around from one cleaning area to another.
Like others on the list, the K5 Premium is also very easy to use, and assembling the unit is another huge selling point. As if that wasn't enough, it comes with a quick-connect extension hose that makes it easy to set up.
The auto-stop feature extends the pump life by shutting off when the trigger is not engaged. This is a great feature because it prevents damage to the unit caused by dry-running.
With all these features, it's no wonder the K5 is one of the best pressure washers in Canada. So, if you are looking for a powerful and easy-to-use pressure washer, this unit can be just what you need!
- 2000 PSI of power for tough cleaning jobs;
- Vario Power Spray wand for easy pressure adjustment;
- The auto-stop feature helps extend pump life.
- Some users found the wand difficult to grip;
- Sometimes underperform when used for washing vehicles.
- More torque, quiet operation, offers more cleaning pressure than many on the list;
- Minimalistic design, great mobility, and ease of use;
- Powerful electric motor without emission, less noise compared to others in its class.
When on the market for a rugged pressure washer, the Greenworks Pro 2300PSI Pressure Washer is the way to go. This machine was built for those who need a durable and powerful pressure washer that can tackle the toughest jobs. These include cleaning your car, truck, fence and even stripping off paint.
With a 13 amp motor and 2.3 GPM flow rate, this unit packs a punch - perfect for taking care of all cleaning jobs. Cleaning your patios, garage door, and other household chores will be a breeze. Another great feature of this pressure washer is its compact and lightweight design. This makes it easy to move around and store when not in use. Assembling the unit is also quick and easy, so you can start cleaning right away.
Additionally, with a continuous-run motor and pump system, this machine operates just like gas-powered pressure washers - minus the fumes!
All things considered, the Greenworks Pro 2300PSI Pressure Washer is a great choice for those who need a durable and powerful machine that can take on any job.
- Minimalistic design, great mobility, and ease of use;
- Continuous-run motor and pump system for non-stop operation;
- Requires less maintenance and works with a variety of nozzles.
- Not as powerful as a gas pressure washer;
- Non-removable/drainable detergent tank can make it challenging to change cleaning products.
What Is the Difference Between a Power Washer and a Pressure Washer?
When shopping for a good pressure washer in Canada, you may come across the term “power washer”. Users often confuse these two devices, but there is one distinct difference between them:
A power washer is equipped with a heating element and uses hot water for cleaning, while a pressure washer doesn’t heat water and simply releases it under a higher pressure to compensate for that.
Overall, power washers work best for deep cleaning. The molecules in hot water move faster and bond with dirt more effectively. Hot water easily removes greasy, oily, and sticky substances and cleans deep stains on concrete, stones, or painted surfaces.
Also, hot water can indirectly sanitize the surface by removing substances that could potentially serve as a host for bacteria and viruses. Note that hot water doesn’t kill all the germs but it may slow down mold development or moss growth (1).
As opposed to that, pressure washers are more effective for light cleaning, as cold water may fail to remove old or oily stains. They also perform better on smooth surfaces: wood, metal, or bricks.
With that said, you should choose the appliance based on the amount of work you’re planning to do with it. For car washing and removing dry dirt and dust, a pressure washer is a way to go. And if you want to clean a stained garage floor or deal with mold colonies, choose a power washer.
What Is a Good PSI for a Pressure Washer?
PSI stands for ‘pounds per square inch’ and is an essential characteristic that will determine the effectiveness of your chosen appliance.
Different surfaces and stains require different pressure settings (after all, you don’t want to strip the paint off your car when washing it).
PSI also affects the flow rate of your washer, which is measured in gallons per minute (GPM). The higher the pressure, the higher the flow rate, and hence, the more effective the cleaning.
Among all the top-rated pressure washers in Canada, those that have adjustable pressure settings are preferable. Thus, you will be able to switch them based on the type of cleaning you do.
If you can’t find a suitable washer with adjustable pressure, don’t worry: a device with fixed settings can work too if you choose it based on the jobs you’re going to use it for.
It is important to note that as crucial as the PSI is to a pressure washer, what truly reflects the efficiency of a pressure washer is the CPU (Cleaning Power Unit). The CPU is the product of the PSI and the GPM (Gallons per Minute). While most people think better PSI indicates better cleaning ability, it is actually the CPU that indicates better cleaning ability.
For example, a pressure washer with a PSI of 2000 units, and a GPM of 3 gallons will give a CPU of 6000. This washer will clean more effectively than a washer with a PSI of 2500 and outputs 2 gallons per minute to give a CPU of 5000 units even though the former pressure washer spots more PSIs.
Although there are general ranges of GPM associated with particular ranges of PSI in pressure washers as seen below, the CPU will help to indicate the better pressure washer between multiple options in a particular PSI or GPM range.
So, based on the pressure limit, all the washers can belong to one of the following categories:
- Light-duty. These models generate between 1,300 and 1,900 PSI at 1.5-2 GPM. This is what you need for most household cleaning chores. They can deal with dust and dry dirt on your car, wash away the ash from your BBQ grill, and make smooth surfaces shiny again.
- Medium-duty. Medium-duty pressure washers fall into the 2,000-2,800 PSI and 2-3 GPM range. They can do all of the above plus effectively clean wooden fences, patio furniture, decks, and masonry.
- Heavy-duty. Models that generate more than 2,800 PSI at 3-4 GPM are considered heavy-duty, and you absolutely need them if you plan to do a deep cleaning. The pressure created by a heavy-duty washer can clean concrete and asphalt driveways and remove the mold and algae from walls or stones.
Also read: Best Sump Pumps
Which Is Better: A Belt-Drive or a Direct-Drive Pressure Washer?
In a direct-drive pressure washer, the pump is connected directly to the engine via the hollow shaft that slides onto the shaft of the engine.
In a belt-drive unit, the pump is equipped with a pulley and connected to the engine’s pulley via one or several belts.
These are the two common builds of quality pressure washers in Canada you’ll find.
But which of them is better?
Let me help you decide.
Since direct-drive washers have their pump connected right to the engine, you’ll get the unit with a more compact design and a smaller weight.
However, the direct connection also means that both the engine and the pump are rotating at the same speed. The rotation speed is measured in RPMs or ‘revolutions per minute’, and the higher it is, the faster the unit works. And the more quickly it wears out. So, a direct-drive pressure washer might be a better pick for those who don’t plan on running the device every day for several hours straight.
Direct-drive pressure washers are also cheaper due to their relatively simple construction and might suit those who want something cost-efficient.
Now, a belt-driven washer runs on a reduction pulley system, which means that the pump is rotating at a slower speed than the engine.
Such a construction offers the following benefits:
- slower wear-out;
- lower operating temperature;
- vibration absorption.
Along with that, the pulley system adds some bulkiness to the design and requires more maintenance, such as cleaning and oil change.
You need to replace the oil every 200-250 work hours — or once in three months — if you use the washer often. If you plan to use your pressure washer just occasionally, then changing the oil once a year will do (2).
Determine how often you’ll be using your unit. For occasional use and light work, a direct-drive washer will work well. If you need to deal with areas that require several hours of cleaning every day or two, a belt-drive unit will be the best option.
What Else to Look For in a Pressure Washer?
Now that you know some peculiarities of pressure washers and how they work, you are much closer to finding your perfect machine. But when I was reviewing the best pressure washers in Canada, I’ve outlined a couple more factors that may affect your choice.
Check them out below.
Motors in pressure washers can be either electric or gasoline. Electric ones are cheaper, more compact, suitable for indoor use, and require little to no maintenance (3). However, they may fail to deal with too dirty surfaces or mold colonies and have a pressure limit of 1,900-2,000 PSI.
Gasoline pressure washers are more powerful and compatible with heavy-duty cleaning. They can generate up to 2,000-2,500 PSI and can wash off concrete, asphalt, and other rough terrains, as well as remove mold or moss from your patio walls. However, gasoline-powered units typically require more maintenance and are bulkier, not mentioning the price.
Nozzles, or spray tips, are an important consideration because their set determines the types of work your pressure washer will be able to perform.
Today, most units come with a designed set of spray tips, so you can achieve different cleaning depth.
Here are the nozzles that will be most useful:
- White 40-degree nozzle. Allows for a wide stream and is suitable for car washing or cleaning fragile surfaces, such as windows.
- Green 25-degree nozzle. Creates a water stream under medium pressure. Works for general cleaning.
- Yellow 15-degree nozzle. Allows for deep cleaning and can be used to remove mold or moss as well as to pre-wash the walls before painting.
- Black 65-degree nozzle. Is used for applying soap and detergents.
- Rotary nozzle (or turbo nozzle). Equipped with a rotating zero-degree water jet that can break down even solid dirt and old gunk.
Note that not all units may have the exact same set. However, these spray tips are usually standardized and you can purchase the missing ones separately.
How long does an electric pressure washer last?
A decent pressure washer can last up to 10 years if used in an average household (50-60 hours/year). The durability of the unit depends on its pump, which can serve for up to 500 hours in the case with medium-priced residential models.
How much water does a pressure washer use per minute?
The flow rate of most household pressure washers varies from 1.5 to 3 gallons per minute (GPM). Machines that have a flow rate of 3 GPM and higher are typically used for professional and commercial cleaning.
What kind of oil does a pressure washer use?
If you live in a temperate climate and aren’t planning to use your pressure washer in temperatures lower than 4°C, you can use all-purpose engine oils, such as the SAE 30 type, on your unit. Or, you can use the Briggs and Stratton 5W-30 synthetic oil, which is rated for -30 to 40°C.
No households are created equal, and each of them might require a different type of pressure washer. Still, chances are, at least one of the models reviewed above will work for your home. They can all offer great functionality and versatility.
The one I was the most pleased with is the Sun Joe SPX3000. Its compact design and ability to tackle most cleaning jobs without wasting too much water are absolutely amazing. Also, I loved 2 detergent tanks that expand your cleaning possibilities without having to switch between different soap types all the time.
What jobs are you willing to buy a pressure washer for? And what are the primary features you’re looking for? Feel free to share with me below!
- Sarah Aguirre (2020, March 31). Does Hot Water Kill Bacteria? Retrieved from https://www.thespruce.com/does-hot-water-kill-bacteria-1900379
- Robert Fergeson (updated on 2018, September 8). When Should I Change the Oil in My Pressure Washer Pump? Retrieved from https://www.hunker.com/12267509/when-should-i-change-the-oil-in-my-pressure-washer-pump
- How to Use a Pressure Washer (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.familyhandyman.com/project/how-to-use-a-pressure-washer/
Pressure Washers Considered
Hours of Research