Best Gaming Chairs in Canada: Top 3 Comfy Picks for Your Favorite Hobby
This research is supported by you, our readers, through our independently chosen products, which earn us a commission at no additional cost for you. Learn More
Even the best game can be ruined if you feel like your buttocks are about to fall off after hours of sitting.
Don’t you agree?
Fear no more, my friend! I have prepared a review of the best gaming chairs in Canada so that you could enjoy non-stop gaming!
A Quick Preview
||Check Current Price on Amazon|
||Check Current Price on Amazon|
||Check Current Price on Amazon|
- 300-pound weight capacity;
- faux leather design;
- rocking and reclining function;
- retractable footrest;
- adjustable handles.
I want to start my review of the best gaming chairs in Canada with the champion, the Remaxe. This model is a rare find that offers great value for money.
This isn’t just your regular gaming chair with improved support and taller back for your head and shoulders. The Remaxe comes with lumbar and head pillows, which can make you feel comfortable for hours. The lumbar support pillow works as a USB massager, while the neck pillow will support your cervical spine. Your gaming experience has never been so relaxing, that’s for sure!
Another cool thing about this chair is its tilting mechanism. You can rock back and forth, as well as recline to a 180-degree position and lock the back like that to have some rest.
It’s hard not to love this chair. The Remaxe allows for versatility and adjustability that can help you enjoy long hours of gaming.
- sturdy, durable frame;
- offers proper support with 2 support pillows;
- reclines all the way back;
- you can adjust the footrest and handles for improved comfort;
- features a massage lumbar pillow for extra relaxation;
- easy to clean.
- the faux leather can make you sweat;
- only locks at 90 and 180 degrees;
- no padding in the handles, may be a bit hard on the elbows.
- Adjustable armrest and head pillow for the desirable height.
- 360-degree rotation and up to 160-degree tilt for ease of navigation and rest.
- Great quality with premium PU leather.
This gaming chair is my favorite when it comes to a simple yet versatile option that has many tricks up its sleeve while looking like a tight gaming chair with beautiful design. One of the most important tricks is that everything you see is completely adjustable. All the way from the head pillow and the lumbar support to the armrest and the seat angle and finally the chair height can be modified to reach your desired position.
You might have a desk which is higher or lower than this chair. No problem! Just change the height of the chair and you are good to go. No more worrying if the chair matches your other furniture or not.
The second thing that I absolutely love about this chair is how I can easily sway around and look around my room without moving my head for even one degree. The chair tilts down up to 160 degrees as well, which is very comfortable for resting back. If you are looking for something that doesn’t take too much time figuring out and has the optimum quality, you won’t regret giving the DJ Wang ergonomic racing gaming chair a try.
- Absolutely smooth wheels for easy rolling.
- Suitable for both the casual gamer and the hardcore gamer.
- Adjustable armrest, lumbar support on the back and the head pillow for extra comfort.
- Compared to other models that can tilt back up to 180-degrees, this one doesn’t allow for a fully flat experience.
- high-density foam padding;
- faux leather;
- features reclining mechanism;
- 300-pound weight capacity.
The last item in my review of the best gaming chairs in Canada is offered by the EDWELL. As this is a rather sturdy model, it’s perfect for heavier users. No need to worry about its durability! This chair will serve you for a long time while offering reliable support.
Now, another cool thing about it is that it comes with two support pillows, neck and lumbar. And the lumbar one works as a massager too! The cushioning uses high-density foam. It’s quite thick and resilient, which makes it suitable for big guys.
Accompanied by a retractable footrest and a reclining mechanism — which can be locked anywhere between 90 and 170 degrees — this gaming chair allows for versatility in use. It would work great with a stationary PC, a laptop, and a console. You can even take a nap in it between the gaming sessions!
With its sturdy frame, large seat, and a good amount of cushioning, the EDWELL is perfect for larger guys. It can withstand regular use while providing enough support and helping you relax when gaming.
- can easily accommodate heavier users;
- comes with foam cushioning for extra comfort;
- features a rocking function and reclining with a lock option;
- the armrests and footrest can be adjusted;
- offers extra support with a neck pillow and a lumbar massage cushion.
- may seem too large for average users;
- some users report the massage cushion’s motor is too loud.
Know What You’re Buying: Common Gaming Chair Types
Let’s face it: we could play video games even while sitting on the floor.
But why not do that with style and comfort?
That’s when you need a good gaming chair. Luckily, they come in all forms and shapes, so you’ll definitely find a suitable option for your specific needs.
The main types of gaming chairs include:
- Office. Being a great option for gamers on a budget, office chairs can offer decent ergonomics and moderate adjustability. These chairs are the veterans and can still serve as a good gaming alternative, especially if you are trying to save money.
- Racing. What makes these chairs stand out is their large wheelbases, special back shape, and flashy colors (in most cases). They are relatively compact and work great for smaller living spaces. You can use this type for both a laptop and a stationary PC. Additionally, these models usually allow for a decent level of customization and good ergonomics, so using one may help you improve posture.
- Bean bag. It’s hard not to love these chairs. They are big, comfy, great for lounging for hours, and easy to move around. They also look quite simplistic and can blend with pretty much any interior. Bean bags are especially great for laptop or console users. However, keep in mind that this type is rather bulky. Additionally, it doesn’t work for stationary PCs.
- Rocker. As the name implies, these chairs are styled like rocking chairs. With the frame being on the floor, this type is more suitable for laptops than stationary PCs. Rockers are generally comfortable and even help improve blood flow when sitting and gaming. Some models come with built-in speakers, which can make your games feel more immersive. However, keep in mind that rocker chairs are quite large and may not be suitable for some rooms.
- Pedestal. These gaming chairs offer great ergonomics and adjustment options. Yes, they may look a bit too bulky, which isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. Usually, this type has large and sturdy frame and base, which promises durability and higher support levels.
What makes gaming chairs stand out is their design. While you can surely use a regular office chair, models that are made for gaming look much more interesting, to say the least. They typically use brighter colors and special backrest design.
What to Consider When Shopping for a Gaming Chair?
Searching through top-rated gaming chairs in Canada, you may want to stop for a second and do your research.
After all, you don’t want to waste your money, do you?
Don’t worry, though. All you have to do is consider the following factors:
- Ergonomics. You may forget about everything during the game, but your spine won’t thank you if you spend hours in an uncomfortable chair. Ergonomics are crucial since this factor determines how the chair works for your body. This means support and overall comfort. Now, good ergonomics usually include decent cushioning, extra support in the lumbar area, tension control, and adjustability, which we will discuss in more detail.
- Adjustability. The general rule of thumb here is as follows: the more adjustability your chair allows for, the more comfortable it will be. When spending hours playing, you need to feel comfy and relaxed. Such features as adjustable height, tilt, and armrests allow users to “tailor” the chair to their specific needs and body type.
- Materials. Gaming chairs come in all sorts of styles and use different fabrics. You can find mesh, leather, suede, vinyl, or even a combination of multiple fabrics. Which one do you need? Well, it depends on your personal preferences. However, keep in mind that if you need breathability (or tend to run hot, for example), it’s better to go with mesh or natural fabrics like cotton or viscose. If your home is cold, a thicker material like leather (both artificial and real) or vinyl would be a better choice.
- Budget. Typically, gaming chair prices start from $30 and can reach more than $600. The price usually depends on the material quality and the frame used in each specific model. Even when the design seems the same, 2 models can belong to different price categories because of their materials. The brand name may also play a role here, so make sure you are paying for quality by reading the reviews first.
- Style. Now, you are already familiar with different types of gaming chairs. The rest depends on your taste. Luckily, gaming chairs come in a variety of colors and designs, so you can easily find what speaks to you. Just make sure that you will be able to fit it into your gaming room (for instance, bean bags or pedestal chairs usually take more space than racing models).
Typically, gaming chairs can recline. That’s a great feature that regular ergonomic office chairs lack. Reclining allows users to spend more time playing games in a much more comfortable position.
Сhairs are an important part of our gaming “gear”, and we have 3 best options to choose from!
However, the one that may be the most impressive is the Remaxe. It’s a rare find that can satisfy different users and their needs. It allows for customization, offers great support, and simply looks cool. What else is there to wish for?
Don’t you agree? Or does a different model appeal to you? Let me know in the comments!
Hours of Research