Best Air Fryers in Canada: Top 3 Picks for a Healthy Crunch
This research is supported by you, our readers, through our independently chosen products, which earn us a commission at no additional cost for you. Learn More
Who doesn’t love French fries?
I bet most of us do. But how many times have you stopped yourself from ordering them because of that unhealthy oil they are cooked in?
Here’s the good news:
Those days are over! You can enjoy your favorite French fries or nuggets or whatever you want, but a healthier option. Read my review of the best air fryers in Canada and see for yourself!
A Quick Preview
|Shop Now on Amazon|
|Shop Now on Amazon|
|Shop Now on Amazon|
Our Reviews of the Best Air Fryers in Canada
Best Overall - Editor’s Choice — Cosori Air Fryer
- 5.8-Quart capacity;
- 11 pre-programmed modes;
- adjustable temperature;
- non-stick tray;
- touch-screen controls.
The Cosori proudly opens my review. This sleek-looking device has everything you might need and can become your indispensable kitchen helper.
Now, this is a rather large model, perfect for couples or big families. It can cook 2 to 5 portions simultaneously. But even though the Cosori requires more counter space, it doesn’t seem bulky. The brushed matte plastic exterior makes this model look stylish and sleek.
It gets even better:
The Cosori has a very sturdy construction. The removable basket is non-stick and dishwasher safe, which eliminates the need to soak and scrub. The handle is insulated and doesn’t get hot. There’s also button protection to prevent accidental removal during cooking.
Another thing that may impress you is the set of features this top-rated air fryer comes with. There are 11 pre-programmed settings for different foods and temperatures. This fryer cooks relatively fast, has a pre-heating function, and can keep your food warm before you take it out.
To sum up, it seems like the Cosori was built to impress. This model is packed with helpful features but offers user-friendly controls and comes at a rather reasonable price. To me, that’s a perfect combination!
- easy to use and clean;
- fast cooking with the rapid air circulation technology;
- good value for money;
- very functional;
- good for large families.
- might be too large for smaller kitchens;
- some users report the non-stick coating may rub off with time and active use.
Best Air Fryer Under $100 — Air Fryer by Utopia Kitchen
- 3.2 Quart capacity;
- non-stick cooking pot;
- cooks up to 390 degrees Fahrenheit;
- 30-minute timer;
- comes with a cookbook.
The next item I want to share in my review of the best air fryers in Canada is the Utopia Kitchen. Now, it might not make your kitchen feel completely utopian, but it sure can help you step up your cooking game and enjoy oil-free dishes.
Being able to cook enough food for 2-3 people simultaneously, the Utopia Kitchen fryer would be great for both solo users and small families. This model is not that big, so you will certainly find a perfect place for it in your kitchen.
Here’s the best part:
This device is very reasonably priced. You might expect it to be a no-frills option, but it’s not. The Utopian kitchen air fryer allows for temperature adjustments and has a cooking timer. The controls may seem simplistic, but they do the job. This is a very user-friendly air fryer that does not require much effort on your part.
Overall, the Utopia Kitchen is a real steal. Being under $100, it offers decent functionality and shows great results with different foods. And don’t forget about the helpful bonus – a cooking book.
- easy to use;
- allows for temperature adjustments;
- compact, perfect for small families and solo users;
- cooks fast;
- automatically shuts off to prevent overcooking.
- not dishwasher safe;
- the food capacity might not be large enough for some users.
Best Air Fryer Toaster Oven — Crisp’N Bake Toaster Oven by Black + Decker
- comes with an 11” x 15” air basket;
- dial controls;
- can bake, air fry, toast, and broil food;
- 60-minute timer.
Last but not least, let me introduce the Crisp ’N Bake by Black + Decker. I had to mention it in my review of the best air fryers in Canada for many reasons.
First off, this toaster oven with air fry technology is suitable for various types of food. It offers different cooking options, so you can use it to experiment and improve your cooking skills. Additionally, the Crisp ’N Bake is quite wide and can accommodate larger pans and trays.
Another factor that makes this model stand out among the competitors is the stainless steel construction. It does make the air fryer look a bit bulky. Plus, it’s on the heavier side. However, this results in more impressive durability than in plastic models.
If you are looking for a versatile, high-quality air fryer, the Crisp ‘N Bake would be ideal for you. You can bake, fry, and toast your favorite foods with the help of only one device.
- durable stainless steel construction;
- multiple cooking options for versatility in use;
- extra wide for more cooking space;
- allows for precise temperature and time controls;
- heats up fast in the air fryer mode.
- may be too bulky for some kitchens;
- heats up slowly in the oven mode.
What Air Fryer Type Do You Need?
When searching for a suitable air fryer in Canada, it’s a good idea to understand the main types you can come across and how they work in general.
Now, there are two main kinds of modern air fryers you can find on the market:
- Tray air fryers (pull-out). These models have either a tray or a basket at the bottom where you should place your food. They are quite easy to disassemble and clean. However, these air fryers don’t allow users to check the cooking process (or stir) without pulling the tray out. This can be unsuitable for some recipes.
- Bowl air fryers. As you can guess from the name, these devices feature a wide bowl where you put the ingredients. The heating element is usually placed on top. This allows users to open the lid and check the progress without interrupting the cooking. It’s also very convenient if you need to stir the food in the process.
Typically, using an air fryer takes more time than cooking with oil. So, in order not to be disappointed after your purchase, read carefully about the cooking time your desired fryer offers. Plus, keep in mind that different types of foods require different amounts of time to cook.
Shop Like a Pro: Factors to Consider When Searching for an Air Fryer
Now, it doesn’t matter whether it’s your first, second, or fifth air fryer. If you want to find the right air fryer in Canada, you need to remember the main factors that make this kind of device suitable for your needs:
- Type. As you already know, there are 2 common types of air fryers. While the difference isn’t that extreme, you still need to figure out which one would be more comfortable for you to use.
- Size. To understand what size you will need, you should first make sure that you have enough counter space for your new device. Keep in mind that many bowl-styled fryers open upwards. They might not fit under your cabinets. Next, figure out the capacity you require. The majority of air fryers can cook around 4 portions at a time. But if you have a big family, you’ll probably need a bigger device. Keep in mind that you can get the best results when cooking one layer of food at a time, so some users may want to go with an even larger model.
- Controls and features. Simpler models have a rather basic design with just a couple of dials. They are great for those users who don’t usually get along with technology. However, such fryers don’t allow for much customization or extensive control over your dishes. More advanced models with digital controls oftentimes feature precise temperature settings, rotating bowls, and even pre-programmed cooking modes. And finally, auto shut-off is another essential feature that will save your food from overcooking. Keep in mind that each additional feature will affect the price.
- Power. Those models that work on lower wattage usually have a limited cooking temperature range, which can be an important aspect for many users. Therefore, it’s better to check the wattage before purchasing your new device. Typically, air fryers range from 1,200 to 2,000 watts.
- Ease of cleaning. Luckily, the majority of models come with dishwasher-safe trays or bowls. But since this isn’t always a case, keep in mind that you need to wash your fryer after each use to prevent the build-up.
- Safety. To start with, the cool-touch handles are a must. Also, look for models with a non-slip base — they will be easier to use and can protect you from unwanted spills.
- Budget. Typically, air fryers range from $50 to $500. As I’ve mentioned before, simpler dial-controlled fryers are cheaper but don’t allow for much customization. High-end options will affect your budget more but will also offer extra features. It’s up to you to decide how “stuffed” you want your air fryer to be.
Even if you’re frying with air, some smoke may occur. Therefore, it’s better to make sure your kitchen can be easily ventilated, before making a purchase. You could also keep your new air fryer near the range hood.
How lucky are we to be able to enjoy that perfect crunch without the unhealthy oils?
And we know at least 3 top devices that can help us with that.
But if you’re looking for the brightest star, it would certainly be the Cosori Air Fryer. This model has everything you might need and even a bit more. Multiple frying functions, sleek design, and simple operation will surely win you over.
So, are you ready to make a purchase? Or do you want to opt for some other model? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Food Processors Considered
Hours of Research