Best Milk Frothers in Canada: 3 Tools to Upgrade Your Morning Coffee
This research is supported by you, our readers, through our independently chosen products, which earn us a commission at no additional cost for you. Learn More
A good milk frother can help you enjoy a perfect cup of coffee without leaving your home.
And even though this might break your favorite barista’s heart, brewing homemade coffee has lots of perks, including money-saving!
So, check my review of the best milk frothers in Canada and see for yourself. Getting that morning cup of cappuccino has never been easier!
||Check Current Price on Amazon|
||Check Current Price on Amazon|
||Check Current Price on Amazon|
- built-in heater;
- 8-oz. capacity for hot milk;
- 4-oz. capacity for milk froth;
- auto shut-off.
I want to start my review of the best milk frothers in Canada with my favorite, the Aeroccino. This little guy hides a lot of potential inside its 8-oz. jug.
Here’s the kicker:
If you are looking for an all-in-one model for a very reasonable price, the Aeroccino would be perfect. This milk frother is electric and works with a touch of a button. It froths milk super fast and always makes thick, silky foam.
Now, another cool thing is the built-in heater, of course. No need to waste your time warming the milk — just pour it in and start frothing. This little device allows users to heat their milk to 160-170 degrees Fahrenheit.
And no need to worry about cleaning! The jug has a non-stick surface inside, which promises no milk build-up no matter how many times you use your Aeroccino.
Overall, this little frother has a lot to offer. It is compact, fast, and quality-made. For such a price, the Aeroccino truly is a rare find, which can help you step up your coffee game!
- works great for both dairy and non-dairy milk;
- sturdy build;
- compact and sleek;
- easy to clean;
- eliminates the need to preheat the milk;
- fast operation.
- may be too expensive for some users;
- no exact temperature settings.
- Vacuum insulation that keeps your milk warm.
- It can froth both cold and hot milk using its warmer.
- It has indicators that show you if you’re pouring too much milk in it.
The Secura Automatic Electric milk frother is an item like no other. It offers two settings for you to froth your milk cold for cold drinks or warm it up at the same time so you can use it in hot drinks. Since the capacity is large, the entire family of 4-6 people can easily make their drinks with this.
It is not noticeable at first, but after some time, you wish you could keep your frothed milk warm so you can use it again later. With Secura’s milk frother, we kept our milk warm for so long, and it felt so good coming back to it. This is because this device has vacuum insulation.
The next great thing about this milk frother is that you can simply detach it from the base and carry it around to another side of the kitchen or anywhere else. You are definitely not stuck with it at one place, and that makes you feel so free. Another thing that makes you feel free is how quick it is – 30 seconds and all done! Even though you can’t place it in a dishwasher, we found it super easy to clean and wash with hand.
- Comes with a brush to help you clean the device.
- Prepares both hot and cold milk
- Fully portable.
- Stainless steel exterior protects the device from wearing out.
- Big enough to support several people’s needs.
- Cannot be put inside a dishwasher.
- Only supports 120V input of electricity.
- stainless-steel whisk;
- 3.4-oz capacity for foam;
- comes with a dishwasher-safe glass cup.
I couldn’t forget to include this model in my review. Made in Japan, the Hario is a no-frills device that has a rather powerful motor and can turn your milk into foam in less than a minute.
What makes this model stand out from the competitors is its quality. Even though the Hario is small and simple, it’s made with top materials. Hence, it promises durability and reliable use.
Another cool thing about this milk frother is the operation speed. The motor is powerful enough to froth a standard amount of milk in less than 30 seconds. To prevent spillages, you can use the glass cup and plastic cap this device comes with.
The Hario is a rare find. It might look similar to many other handheld models, but the inside is what counts. This milk frother is powerful and nicely made, which makes it one of the best options in Canada.
- lightweight, portable, and extremely easy to use;
- powerful motor and fast operation;
- works with various types of milk;
- easy maintenance.
- might not be powerful enough for more demanding users;
- it might be harder to froth when you fill the milk below the fill line.
How to Pick Your Milk Frother
When it comes to finding a suitable milk frother in Canada, one can easily get lost. The market is overflowing with options, and each seems better than the previous one.
Don’t worry, though, it’s easy to make the final decision. And I will help you with that.
When shopping for a good milk frother in Canada, you should consider the most important factors before finalizing your purchase:
- Capacity. If we’re talking about jug-style frothers, you should consider their capacity. Typically, such models hold up to 8 oz. of milk, but there are larger options available on the market. So, you can make a decision based on how much milk you plan to froth at once. For instance, decide whether you are going to use it only for yourself or maybe for you and your partner.
- Material. Stainless steel is the top option, but it may require you to splurge a little. Many models will have some plastic parts too, but make sure that they don’t come in contact with the milk (a plastic handle, for example, is not a big problem). You see, warm milk may end up tasting like plastic if it comes in contact with those parts.
- Heater. Depending on the beverage you’re making, you might require warm or even hot milk. Generally, cheaper frothers will only turn your milk into foam, so you need to preheat it. However, more expensive models come with built-in heaters, which means they do 2 jobs simultaneously. Keep in mind that the temperature cannot be controlled in many cases. You will need to splurge a bit to get a milk frother with specific temperature settings.
- Speed. This aspect is especially important for those who usually have busy mornings. Typically, a manual frother would foam your milk in less than 30 seconds. If you are using plant-based milk, it might take a bit longer. Electric frothers are faster, but if you’re using the one with a built-in heater, it will require around 60-90 seconds to do both — preheat your milk and turn it into foam.
- Vacuum sealing. Sometimes, your milk frother can come with a feature that helps you keep your milk warm. This works with the milk frother lid being completely closed and sealed to allow no heat to escape. This way, you can expect to come back to your milk later on and use it again.
- Portability. It might not come to your mind first, but milk frothers that can be carried around are super handy. Imagine you have all your materials ready and you don’t have enough space next to your plug to have the coffee cup and make your latte. In such cases, you would normally want to take the milk frother to your coffee cup, instead of bringing everything closer to the milk frother. Having a milk frother that can either be detached after frothing the milk or works with a battery makes life much easier. So, if you think you would like that option, take that into consideration while choosing your device.
- Ease of cleaning. To save time and effort, pay attention to models that come with dishwasher-safe parts.
- Extra features. Here’s where we go back to your budget. If your wallet allows for it, you can get yourself a milk frother with some helpful features like adjustable temperature, auto shut-off, extra whisks for different types of foam, and so on. This means you can bring your morning coffee to any level of luxury you desire.
- Brand. There are several types of milk frothers on the market. You want to make sure your champion is from a reputable brand like those mentioned above. Remember, you can't go wrong with customer reviews, as this is a pretty good indicator of a manufacturer's quality.
- Price. More expensive does not always mean better. It all depends on what you want the frother for and how often you use it. If it is for a party or special occasion, then you might want to splurge and get an electric milk frother. But if you just want to try it without a big investment and only use it occasionally, then a manual milk frother should do the trick.
Jug-styled milk frothers are perfect for coffee lovers who want to experiment with different designs. A jug is very convenient to use when you want to try coffee art. Moreover, this will make your homemade beverages look like the ones you used to buy at your favorite coffee shops.
Know Your Milk Frother: Types and Styles
While a good milk frother can help you save hundreds of dollars on coffee, you first need to pick a suitable type for your specific needs. So that your money doesn’t go to waste.
Overall, there are 2 types of milk frothers: electric (or motorized) and manual.
As you can imagine, a manual model would require you to manually froth the milk. Such models look a lot like French presses. They have a plunger with a mesh screen that is placed inside a cup or a jug and can move up and down. The screen goes through the milk multiple times, enriching it with air bubbles and turning it into foam.
Such frothers are inexpensive and can be a good option for those who are only starting experimenting with their homemade coffee and don’t want to spend too much money. However, keep in mind that a manual frother would require more effort on your part.
As for the non-manual models, they can be divided into 2 subtypes:
- Handheld milk frothers. Also called motorized whisks, these frothers are small, simplistic, and easy to use. They typically work on batteries and have a steel whisk attached to the body. A small motor makes the whisk rotate rapidly, which successfully turns milk into foam. Such devices are usually affordable and beginner-friendly. They allow for great portability and don’t require extensive cleaning. However, this type might not be powerful enough for more experienced users.
- Stationary, or jug-style frothers. As you have probably guessed from the name, this type has a jug with a whisk at the bottom. You just need to pour your milk in and press the button. Some models even have built-in heaters that can warm your milk up while turning it into foam. Keep in mind that these frothers are usually more expensive. However, they have a larger capacity and might even allow you to achieve different levels of foam density (depending on the model’s features, of course).
Dried milk is quite challenging to remove. Therefore, it’s better to clean your frother right after use. A simple rinse would be enough to prevent the milk from building up on the whisk. This can save you a lot of trouble in the future.
What else can you do with a milk frother?
You can use a frother to make luscious, creamy hot chocolate or hot cocoa. Just replace the bowl with a mug, and you'll soon have the perfect drink for chilly winter evenings. If you want to add an extra touch of luxury, try sprinkling in some sugar and a pinch of cinnamon to taste.
Should I buy a manual or electric milk frother?
It depends on your lifestyle and how much time you consider yourself having to use a frother. Electric frothers are convenient because they run by battery or electricity, so they don't require maintenance.
Should I use a spoon to shape up the milk in my frother?
The short answer is yes. This is because milk includes protein (casein) and sugar (lactose), which may caramelize into a sticky paste and weld itself to your frother. A gentle clean with a soapy sponge and a warm water rinse will leave your milk frother sparkling in no time.
I’m sure that your morning coffee will never be the same after reading my review of the best milk frothers in Canada.
With one of these little helpers, you won’t have to go to coffee shops anymore. And the best helper is certainly the Aeroccino by Nestle Nespresso. This compact, sleek-looking milk frother has everything you might need. It can warm your milk up and works great with any type of milk. Yes, it does cost a bit more, but you only have to invest once and enjoy delicious beverages for a long time!
Do you agree? Or have you set your eyes on another model? Let me know in the comments below!
Food Processors Considered
Hours of Research